Discover key advantages of UFE.
UFE is a safe treatment option and like other minimally invasive procedures has significant advantages over conventional open surgery. That is why 90% of all women were satisfied at final follow-up after UFE.1
A NUMBER OF BENEFITS.
- Preservation of the uterus
- Decrease in heavy menstrual bleeding from symptomatic fibroids
- Decrease in urinary dysfunction
- Decrease in pelvic pain and/or pressure
- Virtually no blood loss
- Typically performed as an outpatient procedure
- Offers a shorter hospital stay and a faster return to work when compared to having a hysterectomy2
- Safe procedure that involves minimal risk and fewer complications after 30 days when compared to having a hysterectomy2
- Overall, significant improvement in patient’s physical and emotional well-being
- Covered by most insurance companies
- Lohle, P. N., Voogt, M. J., De Vries, J., et al. (2008). Long-term outcome of uterine artery embolization for symptomatic uterine leiomyomas. J Vasc Interv Radiol, Mar;19(3):319-326.
- Spies, J. B., Cooper, J. M., Worthington-Kirsch, R., et al. (2004). Outcome of uterine embolization and hysterectomy for leiomyomas: Results of a multicenter study. Am J Obstet Gynecol, Jul;191(1):22-31.