QUESTIONS TO GET THE CONVERSATION STARTED
Once you have scheduled a consultation with your doctor, please view the list of questions provided below. The questions will help you to better understand uterine fibroid embolization.
- Please explain how you would coordinate my care with my OB-GYN.
- Which OB-GYNs refer to you for UFE?
- How often is the procedure successful in treating uterine fibroids?
- Are your patients happy with the procedure?
- How often do complications occur? What are typical complications?
- How will I feel during and after the UFE procedure?
- How long should I expect to be away from work?
- What is the length of the procedure? What is the normal recovery time?
- How long should I expect to stay in the hospital?
- What kind of follow-up care is typical and who manages it?
- What typically happens to the fibroids after the blood supply is cut off? Should I expect them to be expelled vaginally, or will the procedure simply result in my fibroids shrinking?
- Will my fibroids or the symptoms of my fibroids come back?
- Will I still get my periods after having UFE and what will they be like?
- Will my insurance cover uterine fibroid embolization?
- What embolic material do you use in your UFE procedures (small spheres or particles) and why?
- Can you help me determine if I am a candidate for UFE, and when can we schedule the procedure?